Husband and Father

Husband and Father
July 15, 1958 ~ August 25, 2008

Monday, August 24, 2009

Boating

Once summer baseball was over, we decided to go boating once a week at Pineview. I have gotten fairly confident with my boating skills, and the more I boat, the more confident I become. I love boating for several reasons. I love the beauty that surrounds you. The blue, crisp, warm water; the gorgeous mountains; and basking in the sun. I especially love it because it is one thing all my kids enjoy. It keeps the kids together, usually enjoying one another's company. They love tubing, water skiing, wake boarding, swimming, and just hanging out on the boat. I have learned to appreciate the hard work it is to boat. I really took it for granted that Steve took care of it all. Now that it is my responsibility I find myself exhausted at the end of the day.

Each boating venture was filled with funny moments. Some of my favorites are as follows:


  1. When we first arrived at the camp ground to pay our parking fee, the lady at the window said, "Do you have any mussels?" I looked down at my arms, flexed a little, and said, "Oh yes I have muscles." She told me I would have to fill out a form. When she gave me the form I realized she was talking about mussels on the boat prop that can contaminate the water. Oops!

  2. When I was pulling cute little Madison Fulks on the horseshoe and she forgot to let go when she fell. Luckily, her mom was on board so I didn't drag her too far.

  3. Sarah's flirtatious comments, or hoops and hollers to anyone slightly cute on other boats.

  4. Feeding the seagulls at lunch, only to find out that if you feed them, they will never leave. They come in flocks, like the Alfred Hitchcock movie, "The Birds". Scary!

  5. Watching Lizzy face plant on the horseshoe.

  6. Forgetting to tie the rope to the boat when tubing.

  7. Putting the boat in the water only to find the battery was dead. Never fear.... I found a way to charge it.

  8. Ben's dance moves.

Some of our fondest memories are when we boat together.







0 comments: