Husband and Father

Husband and Father
July 15, 1958 ~ August 25, 2008

Monday, August 24, 2009

Anniversary

June 20th would have been mine and Steve's 23rd wedding anniversary. I decided to spend the morning at the place where our family began, the Salt Lake Temple. I haven't been to that particular temple for quite some time. I went with my sister and her husband, and met my other siblings there to also watch my dad perform his role in the Temple for one of the last times. So, I guess I had a duel purpose for being there. I had an unusual calm feeling throughout the session. I had some very distinct feelings there that I am not able to share. I was happy I was able to make that a part of my day.

In the evening a friend and her husband took me to dinner. I am really missing Steve today. I know how hard everyone is trying to make it bearable, but some days it's just not.

Claudine Cox brought over quilts that she had made for each of my kids. She wanted them to have the quilts for Father's Day which is tomorrow. They were absolutely beautiful. The fabric was perfectly chosen for each child, and every detail was attended to. They even smelled wonderful. I can't imagine the time Claudine put into them. There were many women in our area that helped her with them. I am so thankful for such amazing people that try to make our burden lighter. There is a poem sown on each quilt that is written by Eileen Moore. It states:


The Magic Blanket
This blanket's very special
Like no other you have seen.
It appears to be just fabric
But there's magic in between.
Wrap this quilt around you
You'll feel the magic start
The touch will feel familiar
A warmth will fill your heart.

You'll feel your Dad close by you
Like arms are hugging tight
For you're his precious child
And you're always in his sight.

His spirit is close around us
And you can feel his love
You will make him happy
As he watches from above.

Be brave and strong and loving
Serve each other every day
Your Dad's Preparing a mansion
Where together you will stay.
Covenants are still binding
No doubt that you will be
Together as a family
Through all eternity.
So curl up in this blanket
And remember happy days
Your family is forever
Christ prepared the way.
By Eileen Moore

The tears flow every time I read that poem. I hope my kids will always appreciate the amazing people in their life, and what their Dad is doing for them on the other side.



0 comments: