Husband and Father

Husband and Father
July 15, 1958 ~ August 25, 2008

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Ready To Go

The boat is out of storage, received its summer check-up, and is ready to go on our vacation to Flaming Gorge on the 6th. When Mike and I picked the boat up from storage, I was pleased to note that I no longer have white knuckles and sweaty palms when I drive on the freeway while pulling the boat. Remember this and that? I have come a long way baby!

With lots of baseball and other summer activities, I didn’t get a chance to take the boat out for a test run before Flaming Gorge. Monday morning, on The 4th of July, Meg, Quinn, Mike, and Lizzy, took the boat out to Willard Bay for the morning. They left at 6:00 a.m. and were back by 11:30. No one was on the lake. Maybe it was a little too early for regular folks. They skied and wakeboard for a couple hours. It was a nice break for me to have a son-in-law able and willing to help make sure the boat was up for the trip, while I was home sleeping, and preparing for the trip.

We’re ready to go!

0 comments: