Husband and Father

Husband and Father
July 15, 1958 ~ August 25, 2008

Thursday, July 21, 2011

The Dark Garage

Bad things happen in our garage at night when it is dark. You may remember the “skateboard incident” I had while running to the car in the dark in the garage. Last night, it was Mike’s turn to have a frightening experience in our dark garage.

When Mike got home last night the garage door happened to be up. I try to keep it down as much as possible, but with teenagers’, and youngsters coming and going it doesn’t always get put back down.

When he walked in the garage he was thirsty, bent down to pick up a water bottle, and came face-to-face with a HUGE RACCOON! The raccoon hissed at him, Mike scream (yep that scary), and ran in the house.

We have had other encounters in the past, with one particular HUGE raccoon. I have to wonder if this is the same one. It stands about 3 feet tall, is big and burly, and awful scary. Not something you want to come face-to-face with in the dark.

I thought maybe the raccoon had eaten our little dog Bella, since she was MIA for the night. I wasn’t about to go looking for her in the dark after the raccoon story. However, we found out in the morning Bella had an unauthorized sleepover with her friend Max.

The deer are eating my beautiful flowers; the raccoon is tormenting my child, who needs to go camping to encounter the wonders of wildlife? Not me!

0 comments: