Husband and Father

Husband and Father
July 15, 1958 ~ August 25, 2008

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Black Bears

I am always a little suspicious when I see signs like this while I’m vacationing in the wild.

It makes me a little leery about what might be lurking around the corner, as I make my way to the outdoor cranny by myself in the dark.
One night, around midnight, while Katelyn, Lizzy, Mike Hanna, and Trevor were playing cards outside on the picnic table, they heard a raucous in the bushes. It sounded like a wild animal was enjoying a midnight snack.

Everyone, but Trevor heard the noise. Trevor put his head down on the table in disbelief. The clatter continued, this time everyone stood up to see what creature was stirring in the bushes. They saw part of the animal, but were unsure as to what it was.

“Do you think it’s a bear”, Mike Hanna inquired in a frightened voice? “I’m getting a little scared”, he continued. Katelyn, Trevor, and Mike were all starring at the bushes, ready to take action and confront the furious beast, when out jumped a big DOG.

Katelyn fell on the ground in laughter at her scared protectors. No Bears were out tonight.

0 comments: