Husband and Father

Husband and Father
July 15, 1958 ~ August 25, 2008

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

George Moved On

Meagan and Quinn looked after things while we were away on vacation.  When we returned Meg mentioned that she thought "George, from the Gorge" had died.  I told Ben, but Ben insisted he was alive, and that he had played with him.

After talking further with Meagan, I was convinced that the lizard had passed on.  I told Ben the next day that George was gone.  He pulled it out of the cage, began petting it, and said, "Yep, he's dead."  It took all my grown up power not to freak out about Ben handling, and playing with a dead lizard.

I was grateful that he wasn't too sad.  He told me he wanted to bury it.  I found a sign designating the spot George was buried in.

P.S.  I did make him scrub his hands.

1 comments:

Sarah Hansen said...

hahahaha love that kid!!