Husband and Father

Husband and Father
July 15, 1958 ~ August 25, 2008

Sunday, September 9, 2012

August 25, 2012


August 25th marked four years since Steve has passed away.  I was glad school started late this year, so that I could be away, far away, on that day.  I have found that being away on difficult days make them easier for me.

Steve still remains a huge part of our family.  We talk of our fond memories of him, laugh at his funny one-liners, and revere him for the many things he taught us.  We all miss him, and think about him every day.

I reflect on how young our kids were when he passed, Ben had just turned 6; Lizzy 9; Mike 13; Kate 15; Sarah18; and Meagan 20.  So much has changed.  Two children have married, and 1 grandchild has been born.  Life marches on.

I am grateful for the guidance I feel on behalf of our family from the “other side.” I believe, Steve has something to do with that. Small, soft, nudges, of what I should or shouldn’t do.  I think he may be closer than I imagine, and helping in more ways than I am aware. I am thankful for that knowledge.

In D & C 84:88 it reads, “And whoso receiveth you, there I will be also, for I will go before your face.  I will be on your right hand, and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up.”

A wonderful friend of mine once said, “I think time only helps in increasing our ability to endure the absence of the loved one, I don’t think it softens the yearning we feel at that absence.”

We love and miss you Steve Brown!

3 comments:

Foster Mom said...

I hate seeing that there are no comments on a post like this because I know that everyone that read it teared up a bit if not more.. you guys have been through so much and handle everything with such grace!! We all love and admire you and each one of your kids!!

browniemom said...

Thanks Katie! You are always so thoughtful! Love you!

browniemom said...
This comment has been removed by the author.