Husband and Father

Husband and Father
July 15, 1958 ~ August 25, 2008

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Super Bowl Sunday 2012

The New York Giants, and New England Patriots battled for the coveted Super Bowl Champion title. It was an exciting game with the Giants coming back with a last-minute score to beat the Patriots 21-17.

Tom Brady and Eli Manning went head to head in providing great opportunities for their team to score. In the end, Manning won out. Not without a last second attempt for a win, with Brady throwing long into the end zone, for an incompletion.


I wasn't too committed to either team in the Super Bowl. My favorite NFL team is the 49ers. My fondness and loyalty of the 49ers began back when Steve Young was their quarter back and I had a slight (maybe more than slight) "sports crush" on him. Steve Young lead San Francisco to a victory in Super Bowl XXIX. He was also the MVP of the game.


Many years ago when my children were small, we were having a dinner conversation about sports players. “I love Steve Young,” I gloated. Mike, only 3 at the time said, “Well that is it, when you get divorced, I’m going with dad.” The girls and I had a good laugh.


Now Alex Smith, a former Ute, is the 49er’s quarter back and has taken Steve Young’s place in my heart. Sadly, they were beat out by the Ravens, making the Super Bowl less attractive to me.


My boy’s are HUGE Patriot fans! They were hoping the Patriots would be the reigning champions. I supported the Patriots along with them, since I am a fan of Tom Brady. Don't judge me, and don't hate me. It is just MY opinion. I think he is an incredible athlete and easy on the eyes!


Hopefully my 49er’s will be in the mix next year!


0 comments: