Husband and Father

Husband and Father
July 15, 1958 ~ August 25, 2008

Friday, May 27, 2011

Whining

Memorial Day must be right around the corner. I always have some wacky emotions going on. Today, it is whining….. Yes the thing you tell your kids never to do, but I seem to do occasionally.

Last week I tackled the grueling job of defrosting the freezer in the garage. I put it off for as long as I could, but when the door wouldn’t shut due to all the frost I acquiesced.It only took two days, yep that’s right, two days to defrost. Even using the “defrosting machine” (borrowed from a friend), it took that long. The first day I was unhappily defrosting the freezer; Kate walked by and said, “Oh, dad used to hate that job.” I think I gave her a crusty look. This is just one example of my new job assignments that I don’t love.

Single parenting is another not-so-fun job. This week I also got to use many parenting skills. I was so frustrated with one child, I finally without thinking said, “Well, I’m just going to call your dad.” To which the child responded, “Hope that works out for you.”

Steve and I were a good team. We had each other’s back, and were able to split up at times to conquer all, or work together on other tasks. My appreciation of him seems to grow each day.

End of whining…..hopefully not to be continued!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whining is just fine!
Whining is good!
Well....I think you are just fine!
(did I type whine too much?)