Husband and Father

Husband and Father
July 15, 1958 ~ August 25, 2008

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Luxurious Vacations

The 6th grade students are wrapping up their reports for the World’s Fair. Lizzy elected to report on Switzerland. Her reason for choosing Switzerland was because her mom has been their twice (nice reason, I know). As I was rummaging through old photos of past couples vacations I got a little weepy.

With Steve’s job, we were able to indulge in extravagant vacations as guests of TV stations, or radio stations. For about 18 years, we have enjoyed traveling the world. As I was looking through old photos, I was reminded of all these fabulous vacations. These are the ones I can remember:New Zealand, Hawaii (several times), Caribbean (several times), Australia, Fiji, Hong Kong, China, Turkey, Greek Cruise, Athens Greece, Costa Rica, Scotland, England, Paris, France, Switzerland, Geneva, Lake Como Italy, Portugal, Medeira, New York, Tahiti, Moorea, and Mexico.

Today as I listened to the students present their reports, I smiled when they talked about riding the donkey up the large hillside on the small Greek island of Santorini ; good memories. I kept thinking how blessed I was to be able to visit so many different places.

After the reports the teacher asked me why I had been so many places. It made me sad to explain what used to be. Not only do I miss these vacations, but more than the lavish vacations I miss the one I shared them with.

0 comments: