Husband and Father

Husband and Father
July 15, 1958 ~ August 25, 2008

Monday, May 16, 2011

The Burglar

Saturday night I was home alone with Ben and Lizzy. It was getting kind of late, about 11ish, when we heard the landline telephone upstairs paging my room. We also heard quite a bit of ruckus coming from the same part of the house. We knew we were home alone, so of course our first thought was, BURGLAR in the house.

Ben and Lizzy immediately began to panic as the thought of someone in our house came to mind. I must say, I had the same thoughts, but being the great protector I am, I had to be brave. I told them not to worry as I gingerly, but confidently, made my way up the stairs.

As I approached my room, I found all the lights blaring. I quickly opened the door and found the perpetrator……my little furry friend….BELLA! The dog had rummage through the garbage, the hamper, jumped on my bed to drink out of the cup on my nightstand, only to hit the telephone buttons, and begin the frightful paging.

If you see a cute little dog in the KSL classified tomorrow, with the name Bella, well, I might know something about that.

1 comments:

Laura said...

scary. I have had things like that happen. It is so frightening to put on the man pants and go get the burglar or bad guy. Well, I have also had it really be a bad guy, but that was a bit to frightening to share.