Husband and Father

Husband and Father
July 15, 1958 ~ August 25, 2008

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Recipe For Happy Kids

HOMEMADE OREO COOKIES



Cookie:
2 packages Devil's Food cake mix
1 1/4 cup margarine, softened
4 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla

Mix all ingredients well. Drop by the spoonful on an un-greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. Allow to cool 1-2 minutes on cookie sheet prior to transferring to a cooling rack.

Filling:
3 1/2 - 5 cups powdered sugar (start with 3 1/2 and work up to get desired consistency)
8 oz. package cream cheese, softened at room temp
1 tsp. vanilla
1/4 cup margarine, softened
Beat all ingredients together until smooth. Assemble!

Sunday dinners are enjoyed by all my children and their spouses. These cookies have been the requestd favorite dessert for the past two weeks (thanks for the recipe Suzie). I'll cook anything to make my children happy.


It is true that when your child gets married you don't loose a child, you gain one. My son-in-laws are so much fun to be around. I am blessed.

1 comments:

Suzie said...

We LOVE these, too. I always have to add a little almond extract to the frosting (addicted to almond flavor). YUM!