Husband and Father

Husband and Father
July 15, 1958 ~ August 25, 2008

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Spoofed

The NBA Playoffs have dominated our weekly television watching. We are sad our Utah Jazz team didn’t make the playoffs, but that hasn’t put a damper on watching the playoffs.

I thoroughly enjoyed watching the Dallas Mavericks’ sweep the defending champions, the Los Angeles Lakers. I won’t get into my opinions about the Lakers, but it is nice to see them humbled a bit.

Derrick Rose, this season’s MVP, has been one of our favorite players to watch. Wow, what talent! Derrick Rose has done everything during the Bulls’ playoff run, just as he has all season.

Back in my day, Michael Jordan was the man for the Bulls’. He was my all time favorite player. We even named our first born after him. There has been great debate around our house whether Michael Jordan or Derrick Rose is the ultimate basketball player. Don’t give your opinion, cause I don’t want to hear it. I still love Michael Jordan, even if he is old, out-dated, and not playing anymore. He still remains a legend to me.

Ben has been obsessed with Derrick Rose. His second grade autobiography is on Derrick Rose. We wrote his autobiography without any help. Several weeks ago he approached me and said, “Mom, do you think I can get a Derrick Rose jersey for my birthday?” “Of course,” I replied. His birthday is in August, he has a few months to wait. This week he had a different approach. “Mom, I need a Derrick Rose jersey to wear as one of my props while giving my report at school.” I think I’ve been spoofed!

2 comments:

linda said...

I'm on Ben's side...I think he needs a Derrick Rose jersey for his report! NBA Playoffs have definitely dominated our TV watching lately as well! I can't think of a better player for Ben to be obsessed with than Derrick Rose-I was so impressed that he gave lots of credit to his mom when he received the MVP award. Way to go Ben for not liking some NBA "gangsta"...

Emily Hamilton said...

Smart, smart kid. :)