Husband and Father

Husband and Father
July 15, 1958 ~ August 25, 2008

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Where In The World Am I?

I have asked myself this questions many times on this trip. Sometimes I feel like I am on another planet. See if you can figure out where we are by the pictures. #1 #2 #3

Picture #1 is Venice Beach - There was street entertainment; legal marijuana being sold; a freak show being advertised with the two headed turtles; piercings and tats sold at any corner; and goods sold at ridiculously low prices. We decided against the freak show for 3 dollars, since there were plenty of interesting things to see for free.

The beach was beautiful! I always love the beach, wherever I go.

Picture #2 is Santa Monica Pier - The pier had many attractions, Ferris wheel, carousel, aquarium, shopping, and people watching. It was a step up from Venice Beach.

Picture #3 is The Grove - This outdoor shopping mall is similar to the Gateway, but much more up-scale. It was very crowded, had lots of great shopping, and is located in Las Angles. You can take a double decker tram around through the center. There is also a dancing fountain that was patterned after the one at the Belliago in Las Vegas.

And why are we REALLY here in sunny California?

Bountiful High School BASEBALL Tournment!

3 comments:

poodle said...

my first guess was going to be huntington beach, california. i'm not far off, though. lol

Bexie Funk said...

i thought of california the second i saw the medical marijuana sign.

Lindsey said...

Me too! And I agree-- California is weird. But at least you guys had fun. And way to go, Mike!