Husband and Father

Husband and Father
July 15, 1958 ~ August 25, 2008

Monday, April 25, 2011

Cookies

My outlook on life is a little brighter with a clean house. It makes me feel organized and happy. It has been a little overwhelming for me and the kids to clean the entire house by ourselves, so I have enlisted the help of a cleaning service. Mrs. G and her sister are very trustworthy, and come once a week to clean the bathrooms and kitchen. The counters sparkle and the house has a wonderful aroma of Mr. Clean. Aww… I usually clean with them, but this week I needed to run a few errands. So, I left them home alone.

Much to the cleaners’ surprise, my high school kids came home for lunch. Katelyn walked in when she heard them pilferaging through the cupboards, laughing, and yelling “cookies” (and other words in Spanish) as they devoured a sleeve of oreo cookies.

Upon the discovery of the kids, they threw the cookies in the cupboard, and slammed it shut.

We laughed and laughed as we heard the story about the cookie thieves. I hope they laughed too when I dropped the check off at her house with a sleeve of oreo cookies attached.

0 comments: