Husband and Father

Husband and Father
July 15, 1958 ~ August 25, 2008

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Food For Thought

Our flight to California for Spring Break was delayed an hour. Since I failed to check the status of our flight on-line, we were at the airport extra early. We were scheduled to fly out at 6, and didn’t leave until after 7. The kids were hungry so I bought them each a bagel, which they devoured.

The next morning we rushed out of the hotel, without breakfast, to get to our first Braves game on-time. The complaining began. “I am so hungry I think my kidney is going to eat my spleen,” whined Lizzy. “Kidney’s don’t eat spleens,” I informed her. “Yes, they do mom, I learned it at school. When your bodies are starved the organs start eating each other,” she demanded. “Your body isn’t starved, I gave you a bagel for dinner,” I barked. “Bagels don’t count for dinner,” she snapped.

“Did your teacher actually say that a kidney can eat a spleen”, I replied. “Well, I raised my hand and asked her if a body was starved, if your kidney could eat your spleen, and my teacher said, sure Lizzy.”

I asked her what tone her teacher used. As I listened, my faith in the education system,or maybe just her teacher, went up a notch.

2 comments:

Clayton & Company said...

Looks like we just missed you. We were at Disneyland on Tuesday celebrating Alex's birthday. Give us a call next time your family is down. We'd love to meet you somewhere!
christina

browniemom said...

Christina~ I need your contact numbers. We would have loved to see you! Your kids are adorable! We miss you!