Husband and Father

Husband and Father
July 15, 1958 ~ August 25, 2008

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Milestones

There is so much joy to be found as our family experiences many milestones this year. Ben was baptized; Lizzy will graduate from elementary school; Mike turned 16, begins to date and drive, and was ordained a priest; Kate will be graduating from High School; Meg and Quinn moved back; and Sarah will be getting married in May.

While these are happy and exciting times, my heart is aching. I miss the companionship and presence of my husband, and I know my kids do too. I never expected to be experiencing these milestones in my children’s lives alone. I expected to have a husband to laugh with, and talk with, and share in these memorable moments. My children expected to have a dad to experience these significant times with. Steve was going to be there to baptize Ben; cheer on Lizzy; ordain Mike; assist Kate with college applications; help Meg and Quinn move; and dance with Sarah at her wedding to the song Butterfly kisses.

We feel his presence at many of these events, it is real, and others feel it as well. It’s a tender mercy when we are able to feel him near. We are grateful to be able to feel of his presence. We know we will live with him again, but for now…..we miss him!

2 comments:

Foster Mom said...

ive been thinking a lot about you guys lately and all of these milestones. you you gouys are brave and strong and inspiring.

Emily Hamilton said...

We are thinking about you guys. That's so hard. You have an amazing family.