Husband and Father

Husband and Father
July 15, 1958 ~ August 25, 2008

Monday, March 28, 2011

Songs of the Heart

Music has a special place in my heart. There are particular hymns at church that touch my soul, and bring tears to my eyes. There were two hymns that were sung in church yesterday that melted my heart. I couldn't stop the tears from flowing as I listened to the wonderful messages. The words speak for themselves.I Know That My Redeemer Lives is a song that gives me great hope and knowledge that we will all live together again.

Another song that is not only beautiful, but has meaningful words to me is Be Still My Soul . It brought back emotional memories for me. This is the song that Katelyn and her violin teacher played at Steve’s funeral. We were all devastated by Steve’s sudden passing. Katelyn, at the young age of 15, was so brave to offer to play the violin at the service. Considering the difficult days that we had experienced, it was a true miracle that she was able to play this song so beautifully with her teacher.

"Music expresses feeling and thought, without language; it was below and before speech, and it is above and beyond all words." ~Robert G. Ingersoll

1 comments:

poodle said...

I love Katelyn. All of your kids are awesome, obviously, but Katelyn is something else. :)