Husband and Father

Husband and Father
July 15, 1958 ~ August 25, 2008

Saturday, March 19, 2011

March Madness

Today was the first day I actually got to partake in March Madness (parental duties were calling). I must say it is very addicting, exciting, and difficult to decide which team to watch. I guess you need to have two TV’s blaring at the same time to take in all the madness.

I hesitate to discuss my views of March Madness, since it is such a sensitive subject. NCAA Tournament Brackets have been completed with either your favorite team advancing, or your best bet to win. Others have loyalty issues to players, colleges, or coaches. Whatever the case, it is a passionate season.

The night started with a double overtime between San Diego State and Temple, with San Diego State taking down Temple. There was even more excitement with the crazy finish between Butler and Pittsburg, with Butler upsetting Pittsburg.

Finally, the game I was most interested in, the Cougs, verses the Zags. It is common knowledge how red our family is, and how loyal we are to our Ute’s. At our house if you are loyal to the U you cannot be allegiant to BYU.

However, I got a little consumed in the game watching Fredette, the fearless shooter, who leads the nation in scoring. I have to admit I gave a little shout out for Jimmer. My loyal children were disgusted, changed the channel and took out the batteries in the remote. Once the remote was recovered, and batteries re-installed, I quickly changed back to the game, keeping my eye on the Zag’s freshman David Stockton. I took a particular interest in him since his father John was my all time favorite Jazz player. No more remote battles, as long as I was interested in Gonzaga.

Let the madness continue!

2 comments:

MOM THE BOMB said...

Funny. Steve lives on - his kids' favorite team - U of U, or whoever is playing BYU.

Bexie Funk said...

i remember being told several times by your kids that BYU stinks like poo. i'm not surprised they took the batteries out.