Husband and Father

Husband and Father
July 15, 1958 ~ August 25, 2008

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Daylight Savings

Clock confusion – or daylight savings time has really thrown us for a loop. My children had an infallible plan to insure that all clocks in our house (especially those that we use for alarm clocks) did not spring forward on Sunday morning. They thought they could trick me into sleeping in an extra hour. Unfortunately their plan failed, when I slept with my cell phone which happens to be my alarm clock.

By Monday the ramifications for daylight savings took a toll on us. When Mom sleeps in, the entire household sleeps in. It was utter chaos as the kids scrambled to leave for school within a 15 minute period of time.

Ben doesn’t do so well under pressure. He turned into a “sick” child really quickly. His throat hurt, his head hurt, his stomach hurt. Usually, I don’t fall for such tactics, but this morning I just didn’t care.

If you are “sick” at my house, and have to miss school, than you have to stay in bed. I kept checking on Ben throughout the morning to make sure he was following the rules. My first check found him snuggled in Mike’s bed with the covers securely wrapped around him while fake sleeping. That was the first sign he was up to mischief. As I pulled the covers down I found an electronic game device he had been hiding from me.

I was glad when the day was finally over and I could retire from Gestapo mom, and get some normalcy back in our lives.

1 comments:

Bexie Funk said...

that was the same rule in our house! and it'll be one of my rules too.