Husband and Father

Husband and Father
July 15, 1958 ~ August 25, 2008

Friday, March 18, 2011

Nike


The exact same red and grey Nike shirts.
Ben has a certain style for clothing. Every day he wears some sort of sporting clothing to school. While most of his clothing is not brand name, his favorite clothing is the brand name items. His "brand awareness"can get a little pricey, so I’m always looking for a deal. Last week a local department store had their nike, adadias, under armour and other brand name clothing on sale. The boys and I made a couple trips purchasing these “necessities”.

This morning when Ben was getting ready for school, he came downstairs in tears. “What is wrong?” I inquired. I was sure he’d fallen off his bed, knocked his head, sprained a wrist, or something of this nature with all the tears. “My nike shirt is ruined,” he sobbed. The seams were in tact, no noticeable holes, what could possibly be wrong with his shirt, I thought. The sobs subsided as he showed me where the nike logo used to be on his new shirt before it was laundered.

I didn’t know a simple check could mean so much. "Poor boy," I thought, he had to wear a shirt to school without advertising for Nike today. As he was running to the bus stop I noticed his one and only pair of nike socks peeking above his nike basketball shoes.

0 comments: