Husband and Father

Husband and Father
July 15, 1958 ~ August 25, 2008

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

It's Never Easy

Tonight I went to the viewing of Heather Burdette Hulbert, the little sister of my sister-in-law Connie. She was only in her early 40’s when she lost the battle with cancer. She leaves behind a husband, and 3 children 10, 13, and 18. My heart breaks for this family. I truly know how difficult it is too lose a spouse, and try to find peace of comfort for you and your children.

At the viewing someone had said how difficult it was to watch her suffer, to say good-bye time and time again. I guess there is just no easy way to leave this mortal life. Whether it is sudden death or a more expected passing, it is never easy.

Viewings and funerals are still difficult for me. They bring back so many emotional memories. Time has been my friend. It hasn’t healed my broken heart, but it has eased the pain.

My heart goes out to this family, both immediate and extended. I hope somehow they can find peace. There is a scripture in John 14:27 that reads “Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.”

0 comments: