Husband and Father

Husband and Father
July 15, 1958 ~ August 25, 2008

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

April Fool's Joke?


No joke, Meagan and Quinn will be moving to Las Vegas in June. They told us last night so that we would actually believe them. I guess change is inevitable.

Is it every easy to say good-bye, adios, sayonara? I don't think so. Especially when it is your first born, your amazing daughter, and fabulous son-in-law.

I have to keep reminding myself of the positive, they are only moving to Las Vegas; six hours away; easy to visit; not far from home; it's a great promotion for Quinn; and a wonderful time for them to bond away from their crazy (but way fun) family and relatives.

On the down-side, who is going to cook their meals; pick them up when their car breaks down; and provide them with unlimited entertainment? Isn't Las Vegas where Satan himself lives anyway (just kidding)?

Well....I think they'll figure it out. They are two of the most amazing people I know.

I'll miss them tons, but I'm excited for their new adventure.

4 comments:

MOM THE BOMB said...

Sorry for you, Cindy, but congratulations to them. It will be a great adventure.

Ashley Erin said...

don't worry cindy, moving away from my crazy (but way fun) mom was the best thing i ever did. it will make her appreciate you more.

I am Laura said...

I think the best thing that ever happened to me was moving away (Don't ever tell my mom that) I am so much more independent and brave than I would be otherwise. I think I fell in love with my husband once we moved away. Our marriage before that was a bit rocky. I am so glad we did it even though it has been the hardest thing for me. We learn and grow from adversity. And like you said at least they are only six hours away. It took me three hours driving and then a six hours on two different planes to get to Utah this last time and it is so expensive and hard to do all alone. I wish we could get within 10 hours driving distance, but we seem to keep moving further away.

AshtonFamilyHappenings said...

Congratulations! I know Cindy will miss you, but it is great to visit other parts of the world. Emily and Brett have loved establishing friendships back east. We will miss you and think you are both terrific.