Husband and Father

Husband and Father
July 15, 1958 ~ August 25, 2008

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Proud To Be An American


Today I went to Lizzy's 5th grade school program. I had not received an early morning reminder from her to come watch her program today, so I almost missed it. Thank heaven for blackberry calendar reminders.

The 5th graders were all adorn with the beautiful red, white, and blue colors that represent America. They had embellished their attire with dazzling hats and handsome bandannas. I watched as they took us on a tour through America with word and song.

The songs especially touched me. The sang about the various states and or regions of our country. As they sang about Utah, tears filled my eyes, as they reminded me of the great sacrifices that the pioneers had made for us, and the great trials they endured to make this such a great state.

I particularly enjoyed her program today because it was about America the beautiful. It tugged at my heart today, because lately it seems that there has been a lot of commotion about new legislation and government reform to say the least. There seems to me to be a lot of negativism about government, or America in essence. I have my opinions too, but hopefully we can learn to express them constructively, rather than in a hurtful, or negative manner.

I am grateful to live in this great country, and as the song goes, I am proud to be an American.

1 comments:

Emily Hamilton said...

I agree with your thoughts completely. Lizzy looks so cute!!