Husband and Father

Husband and Father
July 15, 1958 ~ August 25, 2008

Monday, March 29, 2010

The Mix Up.

Today while I was paying bills I noticed a charge on my Marriott Visa Credit Card that I hadn't made. I looked on the back of the statement to get their phone number, and picked up the phone to call the credit card company concerning the charge in question.

When I called, a very strange "commercial" came on the phone. The things that were being said were "burning my ears". I could not believe that a commercial could be so dirty. I waited for a Marriott representative to get on the phone, so I could explain to them that they need to change the channel on their radio, so that those of us on hold could avoid such awful, and perverted "commercials."

As the "commercial" came to an end, the person said, "Now enter your credit card number for more intimate messages." I quickly hung up and called the same number that I thought I called in the first place. They answered promptly, Marriott Credit Card Services. Oops!

3 comments:

Suzie said...

Sure, it was a mistake.... How horrible! The same thing used to happen if you mis-dialed Washington Mutual's 800 number. Not that I know from experience or anything.

I am Laura said...

that is an awesome story. I needed that laugh tonight.

Anonymous said...

Hilarious! I LOVE your NEW photo btw...You're Gorgeous!