Husband and Father

Husband and Father
July 15, 1958 ~ August 25, 2008

Friday, April 2, 2010

Happy Birthday Katelyn

Katelyn Brooke Brown ~ Born March 29, 1993 at 12:45 a.m.
Weighed 7lbs 6 oz
Katelyn's birth was by far the easiest of all of my children. The only snag was getting my epidural (I'm much nicer once I get that). When the anesthesiologist came in, it happened to be one of Steve's old mission companions. They both forgot about me, as they were having a great time catching up. It didn't take long before I quickly reminded them that I was in need of some assistance.

I was very fortunate to have my doctor - Doctor Madsen- deliver all my babies. When Katelyn was born, she didn't cry. I was worried about her and asked the doctor what was wrong. He said there was nothing wrong, I just had a good natured baby. Katelyn's blessing day: Mom and Dad - Janet and Wayne

There were five babies born in one year on my side of the family.
Matthew, Stephanie, Jordan, Katelyn, and Laura (not shown in this picture)
Connie and Jordan, Me and Katelyn, Heidi and Laura, and Marla and Stephanie.

Katelyn's First Birthday.
The Brown's celebrating March Birthday's, Sunday, March 28th.
On Sunday we began the celebrations with a home cooked meal of Kate's choice. She chose, London Broil, with twice baked potatoes. We had several guests for dinner which made it extra fun. That same evening all the Brown relatives came over to celebrate March birthdays, and have unlimited dessert.
On Katelyn's actual birthday we went to dinner at Robintinos. My personal shopper (Sarah) came through with wonderful gifts for Katelyn. Lots of clothes and shoes, every girl's dream.
Katelyn is such a joy to have around. She is full of life, and fun. We are blessed to have her in our home. We love you Kate!

2 comments:

AshtonFamilyHappenings said...

Wow, what a fun birthday and a great group of friends/family! Happy Birthday Kate!

Emily Hamilton said...

Happy Birthday! I love all these pictures. (How do you post them in the collage like that?) Katelyn is one gorgeous girl.