Husband and Father

Husband and Father
July 15, 1958 ~ August 25, 2008

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012

Thanksgiving morning I wanted t start off the day participating in the Turkey Trot at SDRC. There are various length of races to enter, but the 5K seems just right for me. Sarah and I ran it a few years ago, and had a great time. I knew however, that it probably wasn't a good idea.

The last little while (a few months), I have not been exercising. I could get out my violin and tell you the many reasons why, but I'll spare you the boredom.  Today, Thanksgiving Day, I finally felt able to exercise again.

Katelyn and I decided to take the dog and have our own little "Turkey Trot".  I wasn't sure how far I'd be able to walk, since I'm basically starting over.  We began by walking from our house to the temple. When we arrived at the temple, we decided to walk further.  We walked from the Bountiful temple to Smith's Market to purchase some flowers for Steve's grave. Meg laughed when we called to tell her that we would be there shortly, (she lives right by Smith's and we needed some money) she didn't think we would make it.  After, a 4.5 mile walk, Kate and I arrived at Meg's condo.  What a beautiful day, for a lovely walk!

We spent Thanksgiving with Steve's family. Lots of cousins, aunts and uncles, along with my married children.  A big wonderful family feast!  Along with the traditional Thanksgiving meal were homemade pies, and candy.  Plenty of delicious desserts and treats.

The day wouldn't be complete without the ping pong tournament.  We spent hours visiting, feasting, and playing games. What a great time!

I have a lot to be thankful for!

The Turkey Trot, cutting through to get to Meg's house, and the cute little elf we found.
The Feast
Relatives, crutches (Mike sprained his "good" ankle playing basketball this morning, ping pong, and girls in purple.
The Cottle's

The Hansen's

1 comments:

Unknown said...

With Insta and FB I forget to check out blogs! I love to read yours. Great to catch up a bit on your family. The married girls are so cute and that baby! So fun. Who knew? I am thankful for friends! Happy holidays Cindy! loves to you,
Si