Husband and Father

Husband and Father
July 15, 1958 ~ August 25, 2008

Friday, November 16, 2012

More Diligent and Concerned At Home

Morning or evenings, that is the question when it comes to family scripture study. I have wavered in my thoughts as to which time of day was best for MY family. At the beginning of the school year, I would wake up early, make my kids a hot breakfast, bribing them to come to scripture study at the breakfast table.

We are NOT morning people, and the kids have wanted to sleep a little more in the morning and have scriptures at night.  I don’t mind, evening or morning, whatever works is best. However, sometimes the evening gets away from us before we remember family scripture study.


One morning I decided to have scripture study without the bribe of a hot breakfast.  This is a picture of my kids. I had to wonder if any actual learning had taken place. 
Yes that little hand you see is a person under the covers.

Feeling discouraged and guilty, I was reminded of a talk given by Elder Bednar titled, "More Diligent and Concerned At Home.  Maybe my kids aren't "poking, prodding, or fighting" (too early for that, they leave that for FHE), but I am hoping that somehow I can be consistent, somehow they will know I loved them enough to try.

0 comments: