Husband and Father

Husband and Father
July 15, 1958 ~ August 25, 2008

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Dangers in Texting

I am known for my inadequate texting skills.  I am usually in a hurry when texting and don't review my message before I hit the send button.  I am especially bad at group texting, but I love it.  I can group text all my children at once rather than send messages one by one.  I use group texting to inform everyone when dinner will be served, etc.  This can be a problem.  On occasion I have sent dinner invites to people in my neighborhood rather than my kids.   If your name begins with M, S, M, K, or L, you know what I'm talking about.  Sorry friends!

Lately, I have been REALLY bad at texting.  Every time I type yes, it defaults to no, and I'd loved to, to I'd hate to, etc. etc.  Sometimes I have caught the default problem and many times I have not (so sorry Melanie Larsen).  I finally got smart and said to my kids, "Who, has been messing with my cell phone?"  I could tell my the grin on one child's face, that she was the culprit.  When I asked what she had done, she said, "Well, on Pinterest, they tell you how to change the settings in your cell phone, so that whatever you text it will default to the opposite." You little stinker!  I'm bad enough with texting without an opposite default helping me become more incompetent.

0 comments: