Husband and Father

Husband and Father
July 15, 1958 ~ August 25, 2008

Friday, November 9, 2012

Really Girls?

This past week the two girls' at home, namely, Kate and Lizzy, had a huge disagreement/argument/fight, over  - what else -  clothes.  "What?", you might ask. They aren't even same size?  My question exactly!  Somehow, they share shoes, some shirts, jackets, or something like that.

Well, things got a little escalated one day, and the altercation began.  I thought they had "worked things out" when Ben came and reported, "Mom, Lizzy is locked in her room, and not I'm even kidding."  He had a grin on his face, so I had to wonder.  Sure enough when I got to her room, she was locked in her room and couldn't get out.

How could this happen, one may ask?  Lizzy, determined to protect her rights to her clothing, took it upon herself to replace her bedroom doorknob with a locking knob.  Unfortunately, she couldn't get either knob back on, so the mechanical inner portion of the knob was left without a doorknob to turn it, thus making her unable to open her door.

If I would have taken maintenance 101, I would know that you can squeeze some metals together inside and open your door.  However, without that knowledge I asked Mike to help.  Mike's solution - maybe he didn't take maintenance 101 either-, was to climb through his window unto the roof, into Lizzy's room, and both of them would climb back onto the roof, climb through his window and out his bedroom door.

Where was I when this was happening?  I'm not sure, but it definitely was not approved by the head of household!

Mike quickly figured out - or maybe he knew the whole time - how to get Lizzy in and out of her bedroom without a doorknob. Problem solved, well it depends on who you ask.  Lizzy loves not having a doorknob because her sister doesn't know how to get in.  I think it looks a little white-trashish if you ask me.


3 comments:

Jodi said...

Ahhhh. The clothes fights! Growing up with 3 sisters this sounds a little too familiar! I am wondering if you should rename your blog. Maybe something like, "The Brownie Adventures" or something like that. Something exciting is always going on over there. Never a dull moment that's for sure! Luckily I get to experience it vicariously through your blog!

Bexie Funk said...

too funny. maybe only having one girl has its perks.

Emily Hamilton said...

Haha. This is awesome. I read this to Brett to prep him for the entertainment that lies ahead in our future. ;)