Husband and Father

Husband and Father
July 15, 1958 ~ August 25, 2008

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Grandma Brown's Halloween Party 2012

Football and dance delayed our attendance at Grandma Brown's Halloween Party.  We might have been delayed, but in NO WAY were we going to miss one of our favorite parties of the year.

Hot scones,  soup, and chili, awaited us to satisfy our appetites.  Even though the weather was every mild for this time of year, we love this meal.  Each family carries on the tradition of bringing one of Grandma Brown's traditional soups or chill.  They have all been tweaked a little, but are still wonderful.

The kids fish for prizes over the deck railing,  This game is still a hit, even as the kids are starting to get older.  The pinatas are hung over the basketball hoop and both young and old grand kids are able to show off their skills.  It's amazing who seems to be the most aggressive of the bunch.

The parade wasn't officially organized, but we were able to get a good look at all the great costumes. My favorites (that were not in my immediate family) were E as Cleopatra, and James as a mummy.  Of course, my top choices would be Mason; the little giraffe, and Ben the Hunter.  Ben took his character quite serious, hiding everywhere and wanting me to come find him.

The donut game is always a hit!  It's actually harder than you would think.  Even Aunt Jen took a turn bobbing for a donut. What a good sport!

Ben said it was the best party ever, I'd have to agree!


Camouflage-working well!
Cutest little giraffe!
Girls'
First Halloween party.
Fishing
Pinata 
Bobbing for donuts.
Guests - Uncle Pete and his girls'.


2 comments:

Jamie said...

Reading that made me so sad we weren't there. I think that was the first halloween party I have missed since they started whe nI was about 3 years old. Sad. One of these days I will get around to posting my mom's party. It was fun also - but I will miss grandma's.

browniemom said...

We missed you and your cute little kids! Glad you had a great time at your mom's party! Change is hard!