Husband and Father

Husband and Father
July 15, 1958 ~ August 25, 2008

Monday, March 12, 2012

Knee Surgery

Thursday I had arthroscopic knee surgery. We kept things “under the radar” so to speak, so as not to bother anyone.


Meg chaperoned me to my visit to the hospital Thursday morning at 5:30 a.m. Mike was at home being Mr. Mom, taking Lizzy to harp at 6:45 and getting Ben off to school. Friday morning Kate was home serving me breakfast in bed, taking Ben and Lizzy to piano at 7 a.m. and completing my carpool responsibilities.

I am sure had Sarah been in town, she would have been right there with the rest of the bunch.


I am so touched by the amazing children I have. When I was apologizing to Meg that morning for having to get her up so early she said, “Mom, you always do everything for us, it’s time for us to help you.” How sweet!


When Ben got home after school, he came to my room and the first thing he said was, “How long are you going to be down, because nothing’s getting done around here.” I beg to differ, I thought the kids did a fabulous job of holding down the fort.


I am feeling great! The doctor repaired a torn meniscus and removed some arthritis in my knee. I am supposed to stay down the first week, but I have been feeling so good that I have been allowing myself at least one big activity a day. I thought I would be watching movies, instead I have been sleeping a lot. I guess that’s part of the healing process.


3 comments:

Jodi said...

Ouch!!! So glad you are doing well! I would really like to order some kids like those! The other day I asked Tyli if she would take care of me when I get older. She had to think for a minute and then said, "Um, I think I'll let Madi do that." I might be in trouble! Let us know when you are up to some visitors!

Anonymous said...

You're a "punk", am I allowed to say that to you? j/k Can I bring you cookies? Brownies? a new pillow to sleep on? Sheesh I wish you didn't keep things under the radar. p.s. I almost ran over your dog the other day but didn't because I thought you might be sad. (I was walking not driving, can we say clumsy) just sayin'

Unknown said...

We must be twins, separated at birth. I had the same surgery on Tuesday. The day after you. If I would have known, I could have baked you some cookies. Shoot!