Husband and Father

Husband and Father
July 15, 1958 ~ August 25, 2008

Friday, March 23, 2012

Baseball

When I drive past the Bountiful High School baseball field and see a game going on, my heart skips a beat. I am so sad that Mike decided not to play baseball this year. He was an exceptional player!

Year’s and years he has played the game of baseball. He has many great memories with his dad. Memories of Cooper Town; St. George tournaments; traveling to Arizona; and all the local games.

Great High School memories as well. Traveling to California; playing rain or shine; and all the great fans, players, and coaches that we miss tremendously.

He has decided to devote all his time to basketball. Not a bad choice, just sad for me that he is not playing baseball.

3 comments:

MOM THE BOMB said...

I'm sure that was a tough decision for him. I've learned to trust my kids. They seem to make the best decisions for themselves.

linda said...

I remember when Darren didn't want to play competitive soccer anymore and I was so sad-I still miss watching him play sports!

Unknown said...

I saw Mike just after tryouts, when Jake told me he was no longer playing. SAD!! I told Mike I was sad he was no longer playing and therefore, I would no longer have an opportunity to catch up with you at baseball games. Sheesh. He should have cleared this with me first.