Husband and Father

Husband and Father
July 15, 1958 ~ August 25, 2008

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Emery Brooke Fulks

Baby Emery Brooke Fulks was blessed on Sunday. All my children were in attendance. As I looked down the line of 9 people sitting in a row, I couldn’t believe how much our family has changed. Some children are married, some have grown a foot or two, everyone has blossomed into beautiful young women or men. They are beautiful, both inside and out!

Jodi, Emmy’s mom, has been a friend of our family for quite some time. Years ago when it was necessary for me to work I put an ad in the Clipper for a part-time nanny. I prayed and prayed that I would find the right person for our family. I knew in my heart, that when I met the right person, I would know.

Jodi, was that person. She was not only the most fabulous nanny one could ask for, but became a personal family friend as well. She became part of our family. She loved my children, and they loved her back. She would take them on adventures, hikes, to the park, and so many other fun activities. I never worried about them when they were with her.

On occasion, Jodi would even vacation with us. We have fond memories with her at Flaming Gorge, and our trip to Uncle Ron’s Ranch. Jodi always had a smile on her face and would encourage my less-than-brave kids to take a risk. Everything was more fun with Jodi.

After I quit working Jodi continued to be a part of our family. When she married her high-school sweetheart, she had all of my little ones in her wedding.

We have watched as the Fulk family has grown. Jon and Jodi now have 3 beautiful girls. She has named her 3 girls after mine, by using the same middle names - Madison Marie, Tyli Ann, and now Emery Brooke. How sweet!

At the celebration after the blessing, Jon’s mother approached me and with tears in her eyes said, “I just want you to know what a positive influence your husband was in my son’s life. I had no idea how much he had taught him. Jon admired him so much.” It was a tender moment.

We love the Fulks’ and are so happy they are a part of our lives!
Welcome, baby Emery!


1 comments:

Jodi said...

It was such a special day for me and it meant so much that all of you were there! Like Christmas! Thank you for coming. I always refer to "My Brownies" as my third family and it is true. I am always so thankful that somehow I was blessed enough to have the influence of such amazing people in my life. The experiences I have had with your family has changed and shaped my life forever. I don't think a day goes by that I don't reflect on my memories with you and your children. I love you all!