Husband and Father

Husband and Father
July 15, 1958 ~ August 25, 2008

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Bad Mom

Yep, that’s what I feel like some days. Friday, I gathered all the boys’ Sunday clothes to take to the dry cleaners. I was supposed to pick their clothes up on Saturday after three but....... I forgot. If it makes any difference, Saturday was a busy day with basketball practices, ballet rehearsals, tumbling, grocery shopping.....you get the picture.

I even asked Siri (the I-Phone lady) to remind me. She did while I was at tumbling with Lizzy, but I forgot by the time I left. Sheesh! I remembered Sunday morning when Mike inquired about his Sunday clothes.


What to do? Right after Steve passed away, the same thing happened. Mike was only 13 at the time, so I had him wear one of my button down white shirts. He never even noticed the trick I had played on him, until he wanted to take his suit jacket off at church, and I insisted he leave it on. I knew it was a dead-give-away if he took off his jacket and people saw the darts on his shirt.


This time, he is much bigger, and my old trick was not going to work. First I had him try on some old dress pants. They fit around the waist, but were about 5 or more inches too short. We were laughing as he walked around acting like Erchel.


We quickly rummaged through some Steve’s old clothes and found some dress pants. Length wise they were perfect, but in the waist, not-so-much. Running out of options, he gathered the pants in at the waist with safety pins. I told him it wouldn’t be a good day for him to bless or pass the sacrament. We certainly didn’t want a wardrobe malfunction at church.


The next day was the first State Basketball Game. The team was of course asked to dress in their Sunday best. Same problem, same result. Poor Mike, he asked me real kindly if in the future, I would refrain from laundering his Sunday clothes. He felt like he could do it himself.


I think it’s time to a) get a key to the dry cleaners; or b) buy multiple white shirts, and dress pants.

1 comments:

Bexie Funk said...

you a bad mom, that's just ridiculous. i forget stuff ALL the time.