Husband and Father

Husband and Father
July 15, 1958 ~ August 25, 2008

Monday, March 19, 2012

Comp Basketball 2012

Last year when Ben’s basketball season was a little frustrating to me, I decided to take matters into my own hands. No more luck of the draw for me. I may or may not have stalked Mitch Smith, just a little bit. I have known Mitch and Cindy Smith through mutual friends, and Mitch happened to coach an opposing team when Mike played on the Rebels. He is a fabulous coach!

Mitch played for the University of Utah from 1985 to 1989. He was a phenomenal player. He married his sweetheart Cindy and moved overseas to play professional basketball in Turkey, Spain, and Great Britain.

Mitch and Cindy’s kids happen to be the same age as most of mine. Therefore, Ben and their son Caden match up. How lucky am I!

Mitch has taken Ben under his wing. He helps calm his nerves before the games, and offers exceptional basketball tips. The kids love him! Our Assistant Coach happens to be the coach at South Davis Jr. High, another perk.

Mitch has played our team up on a 5th grade level. Most of our team consists of 3rd graders so it has been a challenge. The team has progressed rapidly. We have gone from scoring in single digits to coming within 10 of winning.

They are trying to keep this team together for further competitions. I am happy about that!

0 comments: