Husband and Father

Husband and Father
July 15, 1958 ~ August 25, 2008

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Holy Cow!

Shock, and denial were my feelings at the gas pump today. Even with my .10 per gallon discount at Smith’s Market, it still cost me around $80 to fill up the Suburban. The red truck, same problem.


According to news articles, for 19 consecutive days, gas prices have risen. The National average gas prices are around $3.90 a gallon, and in many areas they are well over $4. With reports that gas prices could top $5 a gallon in many areas by summer, it is time to reconsider our choice of transportation.


Vespa’s range from $800 and up, and bikes, well I have a few in my garage that one could ride for free. Isn’t exercise important for the human body? Aren’t we all worried about the lack of exercise among Americans these days?


Well, something’s gotta give. Maybe I’ll buy me a Vespa and make Mike ride his bike to school, I’m sure he’d like that.


If you see me on a Vespa you know I've made a drastic choice. Maybe I'll just downsize.


0 comments: