Husband and Father

Husband and Father
July 15, 1958 ~ August 25, 2008

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

To The Rescue

Missing car keys are becoming a regular occurrence for me. Sometimes they end up at the bottom of a lake, or a child slams a locked car door shut. This time it was entirely my fault, AGAIN!


I had just worked out at the gym (not my favorite thing lately, but something's gotta change), and headed home to my less than tidy house. I started cleaning up and making my soup for dinner when I noticed I didn't have a few key ingredients.

I decided to quickly run to the grocery store for the few items. I was hoping I wouldn't run into anyone I knew in my current condition.

As luck would have it, as I was loading the groceries, I locked my keys and cell phone in the car. What to do? I knew I had a spare key, and I knew right where it was, but who is home during the day, and whom do you ask to enter your very dirty house.

I quickly called Becky Parry. She laughed as I told her my predicament. I told her not to mind my dirty house as she retrieved the spare key.

Becky to the rescue! I was only stranded 10 minutes, thanks Becky! When she pulled up she said, "Two things, (1) Your dog is out, (2) Your house is a disaster!" Nothing like pure honesty.

3 comments:

MOM THE BOMB said...

Yeah! I love Becky Parry1

Becky said...

I love you no matter what your house looks like, what you smell like and how many times you lock your keys in the car!

Foster Mom said...

i've never ever ever seen your house or any of your childrens rooms less than PERFECT!! I've never lost anything so I can't really relate. haha