Husband and Father

Husband and Father
July 15, 1958 ~ August 25, 2008

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Christmas on the Sabbath

President Eyring, who is in our ward, was the guest speaker in Sacrament Meeting on Christmas morning. He spoke about, “Remembering Him.” He said, and I am paraphrasing, “You may not remember everything you hear today, but you will remember how you felt.” I will remember the strong spirit I felt that morning. I will also remember learning of Christ, and learning to become more like him. We were taught that It is through serving others that we can emulate our Savior.

I was very emotional this morning. As I sat on the pew with all my children, their spouses, and my in-laws, I especially missed Steve today. We are just not complete without him. Sometimes my heart still feels like it is broken in a thousand pieces. Today is one of those days. Wow, how we miss you, and wish you were here, Steve Brown.


Christmas brunch brought lots of smiles, as everyone enjoyed feasting on the yummy food and visiting. We had a new breakfast casserole that Sarah brought, and the traditional Denmark ableskibers.


Jodi and Jon had a new little addition this year. One week old, Emery Brooke, graced our presence 3 weeks early. My girl’s dotted over her and couldn't put her down. We love those cute little Fulk girls!


Lizzy received Just Dance 3, a video game, for Christmas. It was the funnest gift of all. You and a partner have a “dance off” to a song of your choice. As you are dancing you are being scored, at the end one score is higher than the other, thus the winner.


If you want to have a great work out, this is the game to play. I challenged Lizzy, with a no photography of any kind rule. I got a few “perfects” as I was being scored throughout the game, but was not the winner. Lizzy is hard to beat!


We had a fun, relaxing day, with family and friends.

Opening Christmas gifts.

Brunch, and working off all those calories with Just Dance 3.

Meg and Quinn
Emery Brooke
Sarah and Jordan - dotting over the baby.
Lizzy, Tyli, Maddie, and Jodi.

0 comments: