Husband and Father

Husband and Father
July 15, 1958 ~ August 25, 2008

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close

Movies are a self indulgence that I enjoy. Usually evenings are busy with the kid’s activities, so I occasionally take a day here and there to enjoy a movie with a friend. This week’s attraction was Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close.


I was prepared for a tear- jerker, since the movie is about the death of a father during 9-11. I was pleased that the movie wasn’t exclusively about 9-11 or death.


I was touched by the love, strength, and perseverance shown by many in this movie. There are so many phrases and feelings that I could relate to. It made me realize that there are many who grieve terrible losses of loved ones in their lives. There are also many that share the difficult feelings, and situations that grief brings. I am not alone.


Thumbs up to the movie Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close.

0 comments: