Husband and Father

Husband and Father
July 15, 1958 ~ August 25, 2008

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Santa Clause Is Comin' To Town

The jolly, white-bearded man, with a red coat trimmed with white cuffs, red trousers, and a black belt, made an appearance at the Browns’ Family Christmas party. The children patiently waited for Santa to arrive. Their excitement grew as they sang Christmas carols and anticipated the perfect gift that Santa would have in his gigantic bag for them.

So, what could have been Santa’s delay? Could gifts have fallen out of his bag on his way?

Let me digress. As we were loading the suburban to make our journey to the Santa party, I asked Mike, “Are you sure you have loaded all the gifts I have wrapped?” “Mom, quit bugging me, they are in the car,” he barked.


Upon arriving at our destination (in Sandy, 30 miles from Bountiful), I said, “Mike, will you get the gifts out of the car, while I unload the desserts.” As he frantically rummaged through the car, I could tell by the look on his face that he had forgotten them.


Kate, who was home studying for college finals, met him half way, after she retrieved the beautifully wrapped gifts from the outside trash cans. Yep, that's right, Mike had thrown them out with the trash. Good thing they were safe and sound in the garbage bags I had placed them in.

Despite the delay, Santa was a hit as usual! He had wonderful things written in his “Naughty or Nice” Book that he read about each person.


With a coke for the road, Santa was on his way to the next house on his list to visit.

My children proudly displaying Santa's gifts.

0 comments: