Husband and Father

Husband and Father
July 15, 1958 ~ August 25, 2008

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Another Wind Storm Predicted

A powerful wind storm has been forecast for Davis County. Some sacrament meetings were held, and others were not, as we prepare for what’s to come. The Priesthood men have been organized and are out removing debris from the area. Each house was visited by two priesthood men assessing the needs of each family.

Most residents have discarded their toppled trees, by sawing them into pieces and placing them on the curbs for City workers to pick up. However, with the prediction of another wind storm, the men are out gathering the debris to remove it, to avoid further damage or injury.

The Governor has called out the National Guard to help out in Centerville. Thousands of men and women are working fast and furious to prepare us for the storm. There is a real feel of camaraderie, unity, and comfort. I only had one strong boy to send to help, but he is a great worker and loves to serve.

The Bountiful Landfill opened to accommodate the need. There was a three mile line of people ready to unload their debris. Temporary dumping sights have been set up at churches, public parks, and schools.

Kate activated her emergency plan. Her pile of emergency essentials keeps expanding. She searched the garage for items to add to her collection. I realized today how much she is like her dad. I have an emergency generator (that I don’t know how to operate); coal buried in my backyard – somewhere; a wood burning stove downstairs (not hooked up); emergency backpacks for each child; and bins of miscellaneous emergency gear. Wow! Thanks Steve!

I am grateful for all the people, both young and old who are assisting in this massive cleanup.

Centerville Park, and Bountiful High School

1 comments:

Lindsey said...

Can Kate come and pack my hospital bag for me? I think she would do a better job of it than I would.