Husband and Father

Husband and Father
July 15, 1958 ~ August 25, 2008

Friday, September 2, 2011

Strollers

My youngest child just turned 9, so I have been without a stroller for many years. Today I was contemplating purchasing a stroller. Not an ordinary stroller, a stroller like this:


This morning my dog Bella, and I went on a walk to Vinestreet (the street at the end of Bountiful Blvd.) and back. It’s really not too strenuous of a walk. There are a few hills, but that’s the purpose of choosing to walk North verses South on Bountiful Blvd. On the way back she stood in front of me, barked, and jumped (she literarily tries to jump in my arms). That is code for, carry me. I didn’t want to carry her, and felt like she should be able to walk this simple path with me.

After multiple times of her insisting I carry her, I started daydreaming about a pet stroller. I know I would be taunted, and ridiculed, but my dog is getting lazy.

When I got home I was sharing my daydream with Katelyn, when she said, “Mom, I took Bella on a run last night up 1800 (a very steep hill).” No wonder she is tired. She’s not as old or lazy as I thought, poor Bella. I wonder if Mike took her on his run too.


No stroller necessary! Whew, I really didn’t want the taunting.


0 comments: