Husband and Father

Husband and Father
July 15, 1958 ~ August 25, 2008

Monday, September 12, 2011

Remembering 9/11

Most everyone can remember where they were and what they were doing the morning of September 11, 2001. Three of my children were in school, two were home with me, and little Ben was yet to be born. I was preparing to bottle peaches at my friend’s house, when she called and told me to turn on the TV quickly. I watched as the second plane hit the second tower. Disbelief and horror filled my soul as I sat in complete silence watching as America came under attack.

“On Sept. 11, we saw evil in the deeds of a few, but we also saw the good in the hearts and souls of all Americans." U.S. Rep. Gary Peters

Today, 10 years later we pay tribute to those who lost their lives when America was attacked by terriosts. We also pay tribute to the heroes who selflessly risked their lives to save others. As a nation we stood united, one nation under God.

The media events covering the 10 year anniversary have been numerous. I was mesmerized with the stories of bravery, of sadness, and of loss. Tears streamed down my face as I watched the widows recall their heart wrenching stories, stories that I can now relate to in some way.

America will never be the same. We are stronger and we are resilient. President Barack Obama said, “It will be said of us that we kept the faith, that we took a painful blow and emerged stronger."

May we all honor and remember those who lost their lives, the brave hero's, and those whose lost loved ones in this most tragic event.

0 comments: