Husband and Father

Husband and Father
July 15, 1958 ~ August 25, 2008

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Not Grounded


Several weeks ago, I found out from a little bird, that Bountiful High School's Homecoming dance was going to be held on September 24th. Upon my discovery I asked Mike, "Who are you going to ask to the dance." "No one," he responded. "Well then, you are grounded," I replied half kidding and half serious. He flashed me his usual smile that he gives me when I make idle threats.

That may sound a little harsh, but having 4 girls of my own, I understand how important it is for girls to be asked to a dance. If boys don't ask, girls don't go. It's as simple as that.

I knew Mike wouldn't let me down, and within a week's time, he had asked one of my favorites. They have a big group of 26 who are going to Snowbird for their day activity, Biaggi's for dinner, and of course the school for the dance. Hopefully, all goes as planned.

Hmmm, this adorable girl looks a little familiar. Two dances, same girl? That's okay, I adore Chandler!

3 comments:

MOM THE BOMB said...

Cute couple! And I LOVE that dress!

Laura said...

as a girl who never got asked to dances I think you did the right thing!

The simple fact that I didn't get asked out has haunted me to this day. I still have a low self esteem because no one seemed to find me interesting or attractive in high school.

linda said...

Way to go Michael!! Good decision...wasn't going to the dance way more fun than being grounded?