Husband and Father

Husband and Father
July 15, 1958 ~ August 25, 2008

Friday, September 16, 2011

Scrapes and Bruises

Ben has been less than thrilled about his bike lately. He had Mike get down Sarah's old green bike, with gears, for him to use. It is a tad too big, but he still enjoys riding this bike rather than his bike which is the perfect size, but without the gears.

Ben is really quite a careful little kid. You will rarely find him with scrapes and bruises on his body. That is until he started riding the larger bike. This past week, he has had numerous accidents on this bike, but still continues to prefer it.

His last tumble was a little bloody. Not serious, just bloody. Nursing is not one of my best traits as a mom. After 6 kids you would think I would be better at it, but I am not. I did know I needed to clean out the wound, apply a disinfectant, and bandage it. Due to my lack of products (Kate took 4 first aid kits to college with her), I was left with only alcohol swabs to apply.

Sarah heard the screams from one floor down. “Mom, you wouldn’t be pouring alcohol in Ben’s wound, would you,”she shouted. A little alcohol swab is a far cry from “pouring” alcohol in a wound. Needless to say, I have up-dated and replenished my one and only depleted first aid kit.

1 comments:

MOM THE BOMB said...

You can blame the alcohol thing on dad. That's the only "first aid treatment" we ever had.