Husband and Father

Husband and Father
July 15, 1958 ~ August 25, 2008

Sunday, June 26, 2011

The Beautiful, Rough Week

Quite contradictory in terms, but this week has been both beautiful and rough. It has included emotions such as joy, sorrow, jubilation, heartsick, celebration, and a heavy heart. Father’s Day was the 19th, my wedding anniversary the 20th, and my birthday the 23rd. Under normal circumstances these days would be beautiful, wonderful days, to be celebrated. But when someone is missing, the love of your life, these days become challenging.

Anniversaries, birthday’s, and holidays, bring to remembrance of what “used to be”. Since Steve’s passing these milestones have been difficult. They remind me of our loss. They are significant reminders of what is missing in my life, and in my children’s life.

I am very grateful for fabulous children, family, and friends, who help me through these rough times.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Every time I read your blog it just reminds me of how amazing you are. We love you and your family! As Em would say (if I was that kind of mom who lets her kids swear) "Thank goodness that "shi#$y" week is over"!

A Forever Family said...

Hi Dear Friend,
June is a terrible bitter month I agree. My stomach has been in knots with the expected uneasy days that were ahead. I do not believe that it was just a coincidence that I came across your blog... looking for chipmunk pictures of all things. My heart feels all the more connect to you as I have realized that you and my son Caleb share a birthday, and your husband and my son share an angel date. I cried so many bitter tears with you on the 23rd, and on Father's day... thank goodness we have yet another year for another those dates. I am not ready for august, but I know it will come nevertheless.
There is this song by Hillary Weeks that says, "Just let me cry, til every tear has fallen, don't ask when, don't ask why, just let me cry."
Thinking of you and your family this month.
Much Love, From a Sister in Christ-
=)Tanya