Husband and Father

Husband and Father
July 15, 1958 ~ August 25, 2008

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

The Widow's Basket

When my husband was bishop, he started the tradition of making Christmas baskets for the widows in the ward. This tradition has been carried on, and continues with our current bishopbric. The basket is full of goodies, and is put together and delivered by the Young Women to the widows in the ward. The basket is from the bishopric. It is a very kind and thoughtful gesture, and is greatly appreciated.

I wasn't home when the basket was delievered. When I read what was on the envelope I thought, WOW, the Young Women are quite bold and funny. Little did I know my children got to it before I got home. The Christmas Basket
Funny children
More funnies.! (The x-mas part was the dead give-a-way it was no one from a church organization).
The real thing ....beautiful.

Thank you!

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

Wow, Cindy, your kids are too much.

Unknown said...

Literally almost spit out my breakfast laughing when I read that. Don't know though, what was more funny, the "enjoy your Christmas alone", or the frozen mashed potatoes!! I thought you were holding up roll dough! Really, frozen mashed potatoes ;) ??

Melinda May said...

I DIED when I saw this post because I was the "driver" who delivered this fine basket. I am SO glad it was those great kids of yours and not the crew I was hauling around.