Husband and Father

Husband and Father
July 15, 1958 ~ August 25, 2008

Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas Shopping

Christmas shopping can be a little overwhelming. You want to find the perfect gift for the perfect person. Fortunately, I had assistance from my helper Sarah. Sarah took two kids, (the older ones), shopping one afternoon and was done with their Christmas shopping within 2 hours. The speed in which their mission was accomplished might have something to do with the kids showing her what they wanted, and Sarah being a very decisive person. Whatever the case, they were all happy, and all had a couple surprises as well.

One day while I was working on homemade Christmas gifts, Sarah took the girls and Ben shopping. What a great break for me, I thought. Little did I know one of the stores on their list to shop at was Victoria Secret. The girls had to have perfume, and other necessities from that particular store. Being a smart college student, Sarah DID take into consideration that Ben was with her. She told him to close his eyes and sit in the corner until they were done. Ben surprisingly, did as she requested. However, like any 7 year old, he got bored and began to wander. Fortunately, or unfortunately, he wandered around with his eyes covered and closed. He had just ran into a display, when the girls saw what was happening and were able to catch the arrangement right before it hit the floor.

Ben assured me that the ONLY thing he saw in Victoria Secret was flip flops. Hmm.....I think had I known one of their stops was Victoria Secret, I would have had Ben stay with me.

2 comments:

Cailey & Brady said...

hahaha they would take ben in that store ha love ya!

I am Laura said...

very very cute. I think that will be nice when I have the help of my children in all the tasks a mother has to do. Sarah is a sweet girl and I can tell friend to you. Merry Christmas Brown family.