Husband and Father

Husband and Father
July 15, 1958 ~ August 25, 2008

Saturday, October 3, 2009

Apples, Applesauce, and Apple Pies!

Fall is accompanied by magnificent changes. The colors on the trees begin to brighten with beautiful red, yellow, and orange leaves, the temperatures are brisk, the harvests are plentiful, and smells are refreshing. Our wardrobes change, the temperature changes, and our palate changes. We transition from summer salads to warm hardy meals, and prepare for the winter season which is rapidly approaching.

Grandpa and Grandma Brown (Janet and Wayne), have a fabulous apple tree in their yard that provides crisp, green, tart, delicious apples. Grandpa Wayne attends to his harvests and provides us with LOTS of apples! Today, their daughters, and daughter-in-laws, (along with Wayne and Janet), were able to process these fabulous apples. Janet provides us with her expertise in pie making. She has been making pies for many years, and is one of the best "pie makers" I know. She always has an assortment of delectable pies for Thanksgiving. Together we made 16 apple pies, canned many bottles of apples, and prepared applesauce for the long winter months ahead.

FALL HAS ARRIVED!


16 Apple Pies!

Les, rolling dough.

Chantall and Janet

The end result.

5 comments:

Foster Mom said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michelle L said...

OK...I am offically placing my order for a piece of apple pie. Since you spoiled me with a piece of your amazing peach pie, I am waiting for Michael the delivery boy to ring my doorbell...can it be ala mode? Julia Child would be so proud!

I am Laura said...

How fun! I love seeing your family.

Becky said...

When did you become so domestic? I love it. I love the satisfaction of finishing a big job like that.

Unknown said...

Wow. Did you know I love pie...apple is my fave.